Welcome welcome spin junkies. Whether you’re finding this during our ‘social distancing’ period or later and just looking for a great playlist to sweat to, this is a great place to start. This ride profile is from my in studio class on 3/15/20.
Be sure to tag me if you ride this! @sydneydelucchi on instagram 🙂
What you’ll need:
Indoor Cycling bike, shoes, earphones or something to play your music in, your phone or laptop to play music on and access this post.
If you do not have Spotify Premium, listening to this on your desktop will allow no shuffle automatically (from what I am aware), but if it does shuffle, find the song on the list of drills in the ride, and do it Roulette! Remember, the beat guides you for my playlists! So if you don’t have a bike monitor in front of you, just ride to the beat!
I also recommend you set your crossfade to 10 seconds in your Spotify settings. (Settings wheel, playback, crossfade)
- Ayo – (RPM in the low 100s) light gear warm up with speed surges. add 1-2 gears as song progresses.
- Mr. Navigator – (RPM low 60s) warm up hill, light to moderate gear. Challenge yourself with GEAR or SPEED as the beat builds then layer the other SPEED or GEAR on as the beat drops. 2 intervals
- Throw It Back – (80 RPM). Light gear. Standing jog. Add movement as you’d like. Have FUN.
- Baiana – (RPM around 115) seated flatroad. Try to keep gear right where it was for previous song (throw it back) – light.
- Ready Set Go – (85 RPM) standing jog. JUST SURVIVE. Goal is to stand the entire song.
- King – (RPM low 60s) moderate to heavy gear. Start seated for your climb then push intervals out of the saddle with Gear and Speed. Do as many as the song moves you to do. Shoot for 2-3 rounds.
- Best Friend – (RPM around 50) moderate to heavy gear. Completely standing. By the end of the song you should have about 3 gears more than you started with. Layer in figure 8s/four corners as you’d like to engage obliques.
- RITMO – (RPM in 100s) Seated flat. active recovery to start with light gear, THEN add in 2 gears for some intervals. by end of song should have more gear than started with.
- Mother’s Daughter – Optional Arms song, OR Standing jog (RPM around 90) for as long as you can survive out of the saddle. Recover seated for HALF the time you spent standing. Repeat til end of the song.
- I Wanna Know – Standing Jog. Let your mind wander. Remember there’s not a whole lot you can control, but you can control your ride.
- Africa – (RPM in the 50s) Last hill. HEAVY. Speed intervals as you’d like. 20 seconds each.
- Joy – (RPM in the 100s). Light to moderate. We worked hard to get here. USE the power of the gear you worked for. 3 SPRINTS over the chorus. active recovery between.
- Every Breath You Take – cool down & stretch
If you liked this ride, share it! & be sure to check out the Fitness Category on my blog for even more ride profiles!
Leave a Reply