As I continue to come into ‘my own’ in this blogging world, I realize I’m less of a paragraph writer, and more of a bullet list-er. So, that being said, welcome to my brain of bullet list points, run on sentences, strangely Capitalized words, and more on how to gain more customers!
I know. Your up-line told you to start working before you got your kit. Make a sale, today! Get the instant gratification! Host a party, book a party, message 10 people every day to join your team! And so on, and so on, and so on.
You did everything she said. Everything. No one took the bait! No one is seeing how amazing and life changing your business can be for them. Before you go getting down in the dumps about it, keep reading!!!
Well, I hate to break it to you: but, if they don’t, they won’t. SO DON’T SWEAT IT! You do know that there are people in the world that don’t like peanut butter, right? There can be people in the world, too, that don’t want to join your team & that don’t want to buy your products. Say this out loud with me: IT.WILL.BE.OK!
The people that don’t want it, it is their choice. It has ZERO reflection on you.
Want my tips on how to gain more customers and build a team? Of course you do. That’s why you’re here! It’s actually quite simple, once you remove the products from the picture. Take it back to basics and see what YOU can offer. Even though you represent a bigger company, you are still your own brand. You stand for something different than your up-line does, your side line does, and something different than I stand for. Once you can fully encompass and support your brand, everything will fall into place.
I challenge you to think of the top 3 things that may come to mind when others think of you. For me, it’s donuts, unicorns, pure barre. People see these things, tag me in them, and constantly chat with me about them. I can’t complain, I do really love all those things. lol! Need more help with brand discovery? Send an email to email@example.com RE: “Brand Strategy Inquiry” for help from Syd & Michelle Social Management.
Top 3 Tips to Gaining Customers & Building a Team
- Don’t take yourself so seriously!
- Be goofy! Your tribe will find you, and love you for YOU. What more can you ask for from your following? You don’t have to put up a front, you can be you. Best part? They will connect with you because you are human.
- Have fun! Just say ‘NO’ to being too serious! Life is too short for that, and most of the time, people scrolling on social media want to escape their current situation – scrolling at work, waiting in line at the grocery store, etc… they want to be entertained. Give them that, fill their need, and they will be back for more. Who want’s loyal fans?? I know I love mine! 🙂
- Cuss a little, it’s ok to be professional and say the shit you want. 😉 but, read the room, and support your brand.
- Be true, be you, and most importantly be sure your actions and your posts etc support your why.
- Solve a problem. Be a resource, not a sales pitch!
- Why are you reading this post? Because I’m solving a problem. 😉 See what I did there?
- There is nothing I scroll past faster than a generic stock photo that is over-circulating on Facebook. Like, if Speed Scrolling was an Olympic sport, I would be a top contender. Just saying. And actually, Facebook hates it too and they will decrease the reach of that post… So quit it. Don’t do it. Make your own content!
- I can’t tell you how many more people I have had join my team or purchase products from me that I have let come to me due to my content I produce. Create a strong, solid, solution-rich foundation, love on it, and they will come. (Now, know that this isn’t an end all, and asking people to join your team is something I do often as I have found if you don’t ask, you never know)
- Engage on social media! Read more about how to be a social media mastermind here)
- This is essential! Allow your following that engages with your posts know that you see them. Love on them and let them know they are MORE than a like/thumbs up/follower number. They are why you do what you do. Ask them questions, find out their opinions, provide content that they are interested in. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
- Do social media right. It is essential you are working your different social media platforms in a way to support connecting the dots across all platforms. Not posting the same thing everywhere, but rather linking it all together in a cohesive manner, providing value in your followers following you on each platform, but also consistency so they feel ‘safe’ and that you aren’t wasting their time. Time is money, folks. (Wondering if you do social media right for your business? Read more here)
People follow you because you are YOU. They found VALUE in their content. And they want MORE. This is how you grow your following, and growing a following increases your potential customer/team member base. Now, how do you close on getting them to purchase or join your team? Engage with them. It is that simple.
So, take these notes, share them with your team, your upline, share them on your Facebook page, Tweet about it. ASK your following what comes to mind when they think of you and what you do well. You may be surprised what they say!
Ok, so tell me more, I need the details… Make me a social media maven…
You want to know the MOST IMPORTANT THING you can do for your business and to ensure you are building a loyal following to then convert to customers/team members? You do a Social Media Audit. Wait, Sydney, audits are for accountants… Well, kind of! But in this sense, you will be going through your social platforms you use for marketing your brand, making sure you are up to snuff with everything, staying on track for your goals, supporting your why and your brand fully…and more. A Social Media Audit should be something you do at least once a quarter (aka every 3 months) to maintain checks and balances on the content you are putting out to the world, checking on strategies, what posts work and what flop, etc. When’s the last time you did an audit?
Do you desperately need to do an audit? Have you felt like I was talking straight to you
through this blog post? Don’t you worry your sweet little head, I have a recommendation for you: Syd & Michelle’s Social Media Audit. 8 pages of step by step auditing for the big hitters of social media. Brand awareness worksheets, consistency checklists, and more! OH MY! 🙂 Michelle and I rolled this out to our Social Media Mastermind group and the insight our members are seeing, only a week into their audits are ASTOUNDING! Through the audit alone, their accounts are seeing drastic overhauls and their WHY/GOALS/BRANDS are so amazingly represented. Just because of a simple 8 page plan. Are you ready to change your business and change your life?
We thought so too. Click that link for the social media audit workbook. Your business will thank you.
Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you found extreme value and reassurance in your efforts for your business! Know that you are MORE than the products you may represent, and YOU offer so much more to the world. It’s time to see what that means to you & how to maximize it’s potential.
Comment below your 3 words that describe you. I want to hear them, and I also want to know where I can follow you on social media. I want to find the quality, and if you found this post, you are my people! Don’t forget to share this post or stumble it! Sharing is caring.