By now, you know that content is KING and the #1 way you’ll be able to connect with your Ideal client. BUT, you’ve probably encountered the obstacle of consistently creating what your ideal client actually wants to see… It’s tough. Read through to get my top tips PLUS bonus content calendar and FREE support group! Don’t forget to PIN this to Pinterest so you can review it later 🙂
If you would rather NOT download another resource but would rather JUST SEE RESULTS ALREADY, snag your spot in The Content Creation Academy where you’ll get the framework, organization, and step by step guide to actually creating content that converts, saving you TIME EFFORT AND ENERGY. Bonus: You get straight up access to 1:1 help with me during the course so it’s personalized, and powerful.
Sign up for emails here:
By signing up, you’ll get my freebies, access to first updates, AND zero spam.
Content Creation: The gold mine of your business
As a business owner, you know that sharing WHAT you do is crucial to attracting new business and retaining loyal clients. You also know it takes a good deal of time to create this amazing & authentic yet impactful content…
You know I’m a big supporter of creating Evergreen & Pillar Content to maximize your efforts in creating and strategizing your content. So, let’s dive into what Pillar content exactly is…
CHECK OUT THE CONTENT CREATION ACADEMY FOR A STEP-BY-STEP DIVE INTO CONTENT CREATION STRATEGIES TO GET YOU ORGANIZED AF!
Every time I say ‘pillar’ I can’t help but think of the houses in the Disney movie Hercules. Those big pillars that held up the market where he jumped to catch the frisbee and they all came crashing down… lol!
Pillar content can best be related to your large scale content you produce. It holds up the strategy just like it did in Hercules (until his ridiculous strength knocked them down… but these pillars are Hercules proof..) Typically Pillar content is:
- Blog Posts
- Youtube Videos
Anything that is a time investment to produce, large scale, but that covers a few different segments of topics. Think about a thought cloud, or a brain dump web – for each category or idea, there may be other clouds or lines coming off of it that leads to deeper dives into the content that you could pursue. That’s exactly what doors pillar content opens up for your content creation sessions. In turn, your content will be related to one another allowing your Ideal Client and followers to follow along without confusion.
Because who wants to be confused, right? Keeping them clear on what you’re discussing is great and all, but where do you start to even decide what to create as pillar content?… That’s where my ‘content buckets’ come into play.
Content Categories, aka ‘buckets’
Get ready for your ‘ah-ha’ moment and get ready to tell posting on the fly ‘BYEEEE’:
Content categories/buckets, simply put, are everything that makes up your business:
- FAQs & Tips
- Behind the Scenes
- Meet the team, what sets you apart
- Seasonal topics (think valentine’s day, specials, promotions)
- Your services
- YOU, build know like trust
- Relatable to your ideal client posts
Now, if you read my blog post about Evergreen content, you’re seeing similarities between that list as well as these buckets. GOOD.
Our buckets get a little more refined, but I wanted you to see the list first. You start to recognize some similarities between the buckets, right?
- Business & Value – FAQs, tutorials, your services, relatable instances for people in your niche, relatable things for your client base to connect with, seasonal information, meet the team.
- YOU – seasonal things you do with family or friends, quotes that resonate with you, YOU at work, Why you got into the business you’re in, your favorite friday night hangout, etc.
- Entertainment – have you played around on tiktok lately? You having fun doing what you do, team bonding, anything that makes people smile, anything unrelated to job, fun entertaining things at job.
… yes? Those are the THREE most important buckets. The rest become what types of content you can shuffle into each of them to create variety throughout your posts and across platforms. They can overlap. THEY CAN CHANGE! Don’t overthink it.
You probably realize that only one of those categories is really about your business. This is not an oversight. This is intentional. Social media is more about entertainment and captivating your ideal user and client and taking them outside of whatever situation they are in that they are scrolling during – think about it, you scroll when you’re waiting in line at target or starbucks, while you’re waiting to pick up your kids, basically any time you’re WAITING. So, give them something that they can escape with or that they will find value in.
(BTS = behind the scenes; Swipe = carousel post on instagram, the ones you have to swipe through) THIS SHOWN BELOW IS JUST ONE OPTION! We go through additional options for your content creation grid in the CONTENT CREATION ACADEMY!
This blog post literally ONLY scrapes the surface of what it takes to create BOMB content, which is why I created the Content Creation Academy – be sure to check it out. Check out Kathys review of the CCA >>
5 Tips to Creating Content your Followers Crave
Having a content strategy is great, but if you’re missing what your followers are telling you about your content, you just wasted time creating crap content…
Sorry if that triggered you…
So, how to see what your followers want to see more of? EASY! Here’s 5 tips to creating content they crave.
- Review your analytics. See what posts had the most engagement, reach, comments. This is a great indicator that your audience is into this content.
- POLL your audience. Everyone loves to give their opinion. Poll your followers and five them options of what they want to see. Chances are they will tell you, and you’ll know who takes the time to engage with your content too! Double Whammy!
- Hashtag research – Dive into the hashtags that you enjoy using or that your ideal client uses. See what content is performing best in there and recreate it with YOUR spin on it. Don’t use hashtags to their full potential yet? Read this Hashtag training post here.
- Review other Niche Authority figures and see which of their posts are the most impactful/popular. Hop in the comments of their popular posts and see if anyone asked additional questions about the content that performed well.
- Pinterest Trends – Pinterest is one of the highly underrated platforms out there today, but it’s one that I LOVE. If your ideal client uses Pinterest, this option is a great one for you to utilize. Go to the search bar on Pinterest and type in the key word you want to create content about. THEN, see what additional topics pop up under your search – these are additions to your key word to make a long tail key word. Now, see what pins are there and what content can be created from those ideas. 🙂 Read more about why I love Pinterest here. & my pinterest services here.
BONUS: Sign up for updates on Google Trends for key words in your niche. Stay ahead of the competition by getting in the moment updates on happenings so you can create relevant trending content! Want to stay ahead of the algorithms too? I update on those relevant changes in the DL facebook group. Join us today!
Content is king, engagement is queen
Now you know how to create great content, but if you aren’t engaging, all your effort has gone to shit.
Yeah, I went there. If you’re creating amazing authentic content that is engaging and getting people to interact with your account, but you’re essentially ghosting them by not interacting back, they’ll never want to do business with you. Studies have shown that especially with millennials, consumers look for a prompt response from brands and businesses before they decide they are a loyal patron to that brand or business. This doesn’t mean you need to reply immediately, but decide on a brand standard for responses (recommended prior to 48 hours of comment/message being received), but whatever you do, don’t ghost your followers!
Being sure to engage, especially on Instagram, will effectively ‘algorithm proof’ your content. More to come on engagement strategies soon.
So, tell me, did that help you create additional clarity on content creation for you? Don’t forget to PIN THIS BLOG POST! 🙂
I hope that bare bones structure helps get your creative juices flowing. If not, comment on this post and I will provide some additional clarity for you!
Want to keep me on retainer? Pick my brain on the fly? We can do that! Click here to learn more.