THE perfect playlist for a quick cardio workout. This playlist is accompanied with some Indoor Cycling drills (so scroll down) OR you can use it however you wish.
Heart Health Month: Cardio Focus
I took this month off of teaching. We are moving (prepping) and our daughter’s first birthday is coming up (excuse me while I SOB!) so, I felt that my riders deserved MY all, and that’s something I don’t think I could give this month.
BUT I can’t resist making a great playlist. 😉
We all know that February is heart health month. But what does that really mean? We love our bodies and give them a chance to flex their muscles (pun intended) and let them showcase their strength in different ways, but are we truly ensuring we are doing the best for our heart? Do you incorporate cardio into your routine? I know a lot of us don’t like to sweat and don’t like to feel the exertion that true cardio can give you, but it’s SO worth it.
Indoor Cycling for Heart Health
It’s no surprise that my favorite way to burn hundreds of calories and get my sweat on is indoor cycling. Lights off. Loud music. MY limits crushed… ugh it’s just the best! Indoor cyclist by hobby since 2012, Instructor since 2014, and I’ve surely seen the benefits – I even taught all the way up to being 36 weeks pregnant! READ ABOUT THAT HERE.
If you’ve never done a cycling class before, I highly encourage you to find one and chat with your instructor! I know it can be intimidating, but chat with us, ask us about form, our #1 tips for new riders, and how we can help establish your success. We want you to ride with us, of course! But more than that we want you to be safe NO MATTER WHO’S CLASS YOU RIDE OR WHERE YOU DO IT. disclaimer: ASK YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE BEGINNING A NEW EXERCISE ROUTINE
Here’s your playlist, loves.
Heart Health Month Cardio Playlist (38 minutes, NO COOLDOWN)
Some drills for you ~ I recommend writing these on a note card, OR just doing whatever your heart desires. I’ll be giving the RPM and your % resistance so it can be applicable no matter what style of bike you are riding.
- My My My! 103 20%, seated warm up
- Still Falling for You 61 30-45% first hill, still warm up. STANDING
- Soulmate 99 20-30% seated flat
- Bibia Be Ye Ye 63 50-65% – seated climb to standing climb. Add gear over course of song, finish song at 50-65%gear standing.
- La Di Da 80 35%+ — standing jog
- Lolli Lolli 60 55%+ — heavy climb out of saddle with added gear pushes IN SADDLE over chorus
- Feels 67 30-45% — sustain active recovery standing jog
- Heartbeat song 80 30% — standing jog with speed pushes on beat drop
- Bruised not broken 62 50%+ — climb in and out of saddle. your choice. sustain with small cumulative gear adds over entire song
- You outta know 52 55%+ — steady climb OUT OF SADDLE with uphill sprints over chorus
- We found love 63//126 45%//30% — rolling hills
Feel free to safely add anything you’d like wherever you want. Did you listen to the playlist or use this for an at home work out? Tag me on instagram! @sydneydelucchi