You rely heavily on social media for your business, it’s 2019… who doesn’t?
Instagram statistics are suffering
- Reach is dwindling to around 7% of your followers seeing your posts.
- Impressions are following suit.. low low low
- Hashtag search results – also sucking.
The push to create and run paid ads are becoming more and more necessary… (more on that at a later date)
THE NUMBER 1 TIP TO SURVIVING THE INSTAGRAM ALGORITHM:
***Be you & Be SOCIAL…***
My main tip for you is you must be engaging, BUT it goes hand in hand with ALSO not relying so heavily on social media to do your selling and the closing of sales for you (more on lead magnets later). There’s a two step process to Engaging: what you post, and how you interact.
What you post:
Social Media is amazing. It’s an amazing VESSEL to get your story out to more people, in front of more eyeballs, and attract people to you.
From there, that’s when the work starts — you MUST work hard to keep these people attracted to what you have to offer, and you do that by connecting emotionally to them.
Now, what does that mean? It doesn’t mean messaging them about all the woes you’ve had or what made you cry the last time. What it means is you are actively trying to make them feel ‘a certain way’ when they encounter anything having to do with your brand.
A great example is a Realtor who’s underlying message of all the things is that they truly care about your dream home wants and wishes and will fight for you so you get what you want. That would give you peace of mind right? You’d undoubtably trust them in this overwhelming process of home searching and buying a home, correct?
Know-like-trust…. you should ask yourself if your post you’re about to post makes your followers know you, like you, or trust you more. If it doesn’t, do you really need to post it?
How you interact:
How many of you make it a priority to engage daily on the gram?
Even 10 intentional minutes daily can make a difference! The easiest way to bring your cold market into the warm market is to engage with them intentionally. I’m not just talking about a quick ‘nice post’ comment – I mean something more meaningful such as asking a question back to them, engaging and adding value within the comments on an account that may have your target audience.
These tactics help the progress of the ‘know-like-trust’ process.
How to create MORE content in LESS time
- What would you do if you could create 4 Heavy hitting pieces of content for the entire month (think 1 per week), but still have over 24 PLANNED posts??
- It’s simple, really! I’m going to break the process down for you:
- Brainstorm what and how you’d like to package your Pillar content (blog post, podcast, video)
- Now think about 4 powerful pieces of content you can create. Goal is, for example, a 15-20 min video packed with 4-5 sub-topics.
- From your pillar content you’ll then pull your ‘micro’ content pieces (your 4-5 sub topics) and create posts from those. So you have your 1 Pillar post + 4 to 5 additional micro content posts = 5 to 6 pieces of content (minimum) from ONE POWERFUL pillar post.
- Wash.. Rinse.. Repeat… & BATCH!
- Download my Trello Board to help organize your content! (it’s been updated!!)
HOMEWORK: come up with 2 pillar pieces of content and how you will package it then report back! Let us know what you’re cooking up and how we can best help you accomplish it! TELL US IN THE DYNAMIC LIFE COLLECTIVE:
JOIN MY DYNAMIC LIFE COLLECTIVE | SOCIAL MEDIA SECRETS FACEBOOK GROUP WHERE WE ARE YOUR SAFE SPACE ,YOUR SOUNDING BOARD, AND YOUR RESOURCE GROUP FOR EVERYTHING SOCIAL MEDIA!