Another month of 2018 has come and gone (woah, how did that happen?!), and I am excited to share with you my FAVORITES of February. Some products I received to try, some that I have been asked to or have decided to try, etc.
Within my private group, The Dynamic Life Collective, we chat about amazing products, product dupes, products to try, and more! Some of these products were brought up through threads within the group! So if you’re ever curious about a product to try, or if you’re needing unbiased reviews, come join us! It’s free! (Click to Join The Dynamic Life Collective)
Now, without further ado, my round up of FAVS from February!
A Few of my Favorites: February 2018 Edition
I have rounded up every product worthy of a shoutout that was either sent to me to try over the last month, or that I decided to try on my own! Enjoy, and let me know which you plan to try!
My iPhone is in a constant state of being overloaded with apps, photos, and music. And I’m ok with that! I love trying out new apps to see what is worthy of my (and your) time and what isn’t. So, this month, I have TWO apps worthy of a shoutout!
- Think Dirty App (download) Free — The app that lets you know what CRAP is in your products on your shelves, in your toiletry bag, etc. It takes 23 seconds for your body to absorb ingredients in topical products, so why not make sure you aren’t rubbing carcinogens and reproductive harming chemicals etc onto your body?? Download it today, and scan your products to see how they match up! Personally, I look for products ranking 5 or lower on the scale. From their website: “Think Dirty is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. It’s an independent source that allows you to compare products as you shop. Just scan the product barcode and Think Dirty will give you easy-to-understand info on the product, track dirty ingredients and shop for cleaner options.”
- Vero True Social (download) Free* — Vero is a newly trending app boasting of all the best features of Facebook and Instagram without the ads, algorithms, and restrictions on posting links and verbiage etc. If you miss the old, chronological, Instagram, or miss the days of seeing ALL your friends’ posts in your Facebook newsfeed, then download this app! It will be a pay for service after 1 million people create accounts. The first 1M will be grandfathered in for free for life. They have said the cost per year for those after the 1M will be the cost of ‘two coffees’. I am already enjoying the engagement, posting of links, and feeling more free to post what I would like to how I would like to on this platform. Come join me! Search ‘Sydney DeLucchi’ or #thedynamiclifecollective.
Get ready, cuz I am about to ‘blow’ you away! see what i did there? lol
I have tried numerous dry shampoos on the market, and have come to find out that I am VERY picky when it comes to dry shampoo. I have a lot of hair so when I choose to use a product such as this, It has to be one that smells nice, doesn’t leave a film, allows me to run my hands through my hair easily, doesn’t cost more than $12 – cuz with all this hair, I go through product like MAD – and ACTUALLY WORKS.
Enter OGX Silk Blowout Extender (buy here)
This product is seriously AMAZING.
How I use it:
After styling my hair: I spray a light spray of Silk Blowout near my roots, holding the can about 7-ish (no i didn’t get a measuring tape out, lol) inches away from my head. This application helps my styling stay nice even when I sleep on my hair.
After days of not washing: I use a bit more after a few days have gone by. Apply directly to roots and where my hair needs some more life. THEN I get my blow dryer out and fluff up the roots/re-style. IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM. Seriously, I didn’t think I would ever find a dry shampoo that legit worked for me, but this is my new favorite. If you have been struggling to find a dry shampoo that works, try this one! I’d love to know your thoughts on it too!
March is going to be all about even MORE skincare, and SELF care, and I will be diving into more details about that later on. First thing’s first. Everyone has been asking me what I am doing different with my skincare, because the results they’re seeing, are insane.
So, let me tell you my secrets!
Collagen Peptides, Rosewater + Aloe, Asterwood Natural Serum, & Beauty Counter Eye Cream.
Let me be clear right off the bat. I started this whole regimen/routine at the same time, so I am not 100% sure which is responsible for the most change — which is EXACTLY why I am sharing the entirety of what I have been using.
Collagen Peptides are great for recovering after a workout, they replenish amino acids into your system, help your joints, your hair, your nails, AND your skin. Collagen is what gets depleted under the skin’s surface as you age, and when I stumbled upon this product, I figured I would try it out. Help my hair skin AND nails? Yes please! I have also noticed my lashes getting longer! heck yassss!
Let me tell you what… I’m convinced. I add 1 scoop to my coffee each morning – it’s unflavored- and blend it all together (with a bulletproof coffee pod too) and have my collagen bulletproof latte! The best part is that it also helps tie me over until I can truly eat a meal – since some mornings I workout first but like to have something light on my stomach. Collagen has been doing the trick!
Pro Tip: (Here’s the one I use) But if you find a better deal on one, just be sure it is grass-fed. Grass-fed sources of protein ensure the quality is top notch!.
Another product category I have struggled to find something that works for me – skincare… I have tried for some time to find clean, reasonably priced, products that work to no avail. Until these!
My focus for my choice in skincare products was the excessive expression lines in my forehead, my under eye areas, and brightening my dull skin. Let me tell you what… I’ll be daggum if these products aren’t working, and FAST!
Full disclosure, I am still Using the CeraVe foaming facial cleanser (which ranked too high on Think Dirty, so I’ll be replacing that with something else here VERY soon – stay tuned to The Dynamic Life Collective for that!). If you have any questions about Skincare, please reach out to my friend & VERY knowledgeable Esthetician, Chasity Shaver. You can reach her here, or here.
Here’s my routine:
- (remove eye makeup) I have been using Garnier Micellar water, which is ‘eh’.
- Cleanse – I loved the free sample of Beauty Counter’s nourishing facial cleanser! but once I ran out of that sample I went back to using CeraVe.
- Tone – I LOVE Dr. Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe and I have put it in a misting bottle for easy spray and go. I don’t have time to mess with those cotton pad things. For the longest time I was using a Rose Water with gluten in it, and it was making my face puffy… Be aware of what is in your products, friends!
- Exfoliate – OPTIONAL – I usually do this every 3-5 days whether it is an exfoliation mask, or this Derma Roller. Roll vertical, horizontal, then on the diagonal. Don’t OVER roll!
- SERUM – this has by far become one of my FAVORITE steps! I am absolutely obsessed with Asterwood Naturals Serums. I started off with their Hyaluronic acid serum, then decided to try osmething a little more potent so went with their Matrixyl 3000, Argireline, Vitamin C complex. Read more about what the heck those words mean here: (matrixyl 3000, argireline). All Asterwood Naturals products are vegan, organic, and pure! Talk about ‘Redefining and Reversing’ my skin’s aging… for under $20!!!!
- Moisturize – After applying the serum, Asterwood Naturals recommends following up with a moisturizer. For this, I have been using one for my face (but only at night), and an eye cream. Face Moisturizer that I was liking was BeautyCounter Nourish Night Moisturizer (keep reading for what I use in the morning), but I am wanting to try their CounterMatch lotion so bad! 🙂 And for under eyes I use BeautyCounter Countermatch Eye Cream at night and in the morning.
Ever since starting this new skincare routine, I have been wearing LESS AND LESS makeup. I am SO excited! That means less time required to get ready in the mornings, and more sleep. lol! #priorities!
So let’s dive into what I HAVE been wearing!
When my old favorite BB Cream was out of stock (insert dramatic whine here), I started looking into alternatives. I was looking for something clean, light, and that wouldn’t make my pores clogged. The one I was using before was amazing at evening my skin tone and stayed through sweat, but I decided when it went out of stock to look at the underlying issues — the reasons i wanted my skin tone evened — so that’s why the new skincare regimen started. And that’s why I started using Beautycounter Dew Skin tinted moisturizer. It has SPF in it too, so it’s great for your skin, especially for those of you that don’t like to wear foundation in the summer! [Disclaimer: NO, I am not a beautycounter rep, but I am linking these products to my beautycounter gal’s website].
This product feels so silky smooth on my skin and I am obsessed! It is a very clear finish, & does leave a dewy feel, which if you don’t prefer dewy you can finish with a translucent setting powder like this one. If you are looking for a light, natural look, this is a great option for you!
In my opinion, your look isn’t complete without a little color on your cheeks, and bronzer is my weapon of choice! Everybody loves the constant look of a ‘just from the beach’ glow! Amiright?? I absolutely adore this bronzer I have been using – there is a bronze side and a more pinkish hued side so you can choose what sort of coloration you want to rock that day, with JUST enough sparkle to make it fun and sassy. 🙂 Check out my fav bronzer here. I wear malibu.
Then, I finish with a little something on the lips (usually Carmex lately lol), a little mascara, and call it a day!
Not only has this new routine been making life easier in the mornings, but I have gotten so many complements on the changes I have made! So, I must be doing something right, right?? The best part about all this is my skincare and makeup costs a total of UNDER $200 (cleanser, toner, eye cream, serum, tinted moisturizer, bronzer, mascara) and has lasted for over 2 months and counting! AND it’s clean products! It can’t get much better than that, right?
What do you think of my February Favs? How does your skincare/makeup routine match up?
If you are interested in ANY of the the items I listed in this post? Need reviews? Want to share your thoughts? Recommend NEW products for me to try and then review? As always, you are invited to comment below, OR even better, join The Dynamic Life Collective to have first hand access to my favorites, and other Dynamic Lifer’s favorites!
click the image to join:
Thanks for reading all about my February 2018 Favorites! Don’t forget to share with friends, or pin this post on Pinterest!